Turtle - Long Sleeve T - BDSRA
- 5.4 oz., 100% preshrunk ringspun cotton
- Shoulder-to-shoulder tape; seamless collar
- Rib sleeve cuffs
- Double-needle neck and bottom hem
What is Batten Disease?
Batten disease is one of approximately 50 diseases called lysosomal storage disorders (LSD), meaning that genetic mutations disrupt the cells ability to dispose of wastes. With Batten disease, cells are thrown out of balance with the build-up of proteins and lipids (fats).
Because of these damaged cells, patients with Batten disease suffer progressive neurological impairment, which includes:
- Visual impairment/blindness
- Personality and behavior changes
- Loss of motor skills and the ability to walk, talk and communicate
Because of widely varying genetic mutations, the arc of Batten disease can vary tremendously for each person. Sadly, until more strides are made in research, treatments and cures, Batten results in an early death of our children and adults.